1. Solution exception:'ascii' codec can't encode character '\u395' in position 206

hi,im new in grasshopper.
im trying to run a basic energy+ simulation but it doesnt work and it appears this error:

1. Solution exception:‘ascii’ codec can’t encode character ‘\u395’ in position 206

can someone please help me with this?

Any screenshots or .gh files to share? What component is throwing the error?

Do you have a non-ASCII character in weather file full path? That’s most likely the source of this error. Also it’s always a better choice to send your Ladybug Tools questions to Ladybug Tools forum: http://discourse.ladybug.tools

thank you very much for your time
unfortunatelly i cant solve the problem
when i choose file path to a working directory to my computer for the epw file,the energyplus component reports that at least one of the mandatory inputs is missing
when i dont choose the file path, the report says the above " 1. Solution exception:‘ascii’ codec can’t encode character ‘\u395’ in position 206 "
i share with you the file10.2.gh (502.4 KB)

You need to change the _workingDir_ to a new path with no Greek character. For instance try c:\ladybug.

1 Like

thank you very much,it works now! :smiley:

Hi everybody I’m not familiar with the process of problem explaining in this forum. Sorry if it’s not relevant :pray:

I’m struggling with a problem in Grasshopper software. It pops up a problem conveying the message of:

1. Solution exception:‘ascii’ codec can’t encode character ‘\u627’ in position 168: ordinal not in range(128)

Can anybody help?

Hi Nassim,

You are using a component to process some text input and it is expecting ascii characters. The data you are feeding it is unicode so it cannot cope. Look for data with arabic characters (\u0627 is the character ا) and replace them with ascii, or replace the component with a more modern one that handles unicode.

HTH
Jeremy