Rhino for Mac can not find the materials anymore

I apologize. This is worse than I thought. I did not check the path correctly in my post above.

The path to the render content is:
/Applications/Rhinoceros.app/Contents/PlugIns/RhinoRenderV5.rhp/Contents/Resources/

…and, as you have discovered, using Rhino’s material editor to Browse to this location does not work. It also looks like the language-specific resources are aliases (symbolic links) back to the English content. That makes it harder to work-around.

Ok, as (yet another) temporary work-around, let’s try moving all this content outside of Rhino (for the moment)…

1. Quit Rhino.
  2. Create folder called Resources on your Desktop.
  3. In Finder, navigate to Finder > Go > Go to Folder…
  4. Paste in this path: /Applications/Rhinoceros.app/Contents/PlugIns/RhinoRenderV5.rhp/Contents/Resources/ and press the Go button. A new Finder window should open in that folder.
  5. Find your language. (I’m going to use French as an example. fr.lproj is what I am looking for.)
  6. Hold down the option/alt key and drag the yourlanguage.lproj folder into the Resources folder you created on your Desktop in step 2 above.
  7. Hold down the option/alt key and drag the en.lproj folder into the Resources folder you created on your Desktop in step 2 above.
  8. Create a folder in your Documents folder called RhinoRender Temp (or similar). Really, you can put this wherever you feel it is convenient. I’m going to put this in /Users/dan/Documents/RhinoRender Temp.
  9. Move the Resources folder from your Desktop into this new location in step 8 above.
  10. Start Rhino. Open the Material Editor.
  11. Grab a material from the Standard Materials library (Matériaux standard for me), and drag it into your material library above (Matériaux personnalisés for me). I’ll grab Cerisier (Cherry). Apply the material to something in the model.
  12. Select the material from step 11 in the Materials in model area to edit it.
  13. Scroll down to the Textures section and Choose a new texture for the color channel.
  14. Now, you should be able to navigate to /Users/~/Documents/RhinoRender Temp/Resources/yourlanguage.lproj/Render Content/Textures/ and select the appropriate material (in my case, Cerisier.png).
  15. Apply this material to something in the model. It should work now.

We’re working on getting this fixed.
(cc @marlin)