Need more Performance!

I know I am coming in late on these discussions on performance and video… but yeah, there’s also the catch the notebook crowd ( to which I am a part of ) has a problem of getting Quadro notebooks. My current provider, Avell, used to have big, bulky, heavy models with Quadros as option ( and my current one is already a desktop grade one, but I managed a thin, light, well cooled and powerful model ) while the Quadro one would be at least a whole Kg heavier and two inches thicker. I wish it was a matter of telling them “Well, replace the PCIe 980M for a PCIe Quadro”, but it’s not.

Recently I went back to give SketchUp another go, and left the Hardware monitor open while working on SketchUp… and on a particularly complex model, SketchUp managed to get to 90% of the GPU load ( even tho very little memory was actually used ) and I was able to work…

Yes, sketchup is not a good option, it fills the model with undesired garbage… it can’t even model a proper curve in… but it did allow me to work on a somewhat complex model with a good performance. Applying the same configuration to Rhino didn’t result in the same, even tho Rhino used the GPU, it barely scratched the surface ( 17% of GPU was the most utilization I could get ).

So, I think performance for biggish models is on everyone’s wishlist, and not only if you have a large budget for hardware, but for at least top end gamer hardware to perform well. :slight_smile: If I can get Rhino to allow me to perform while designing complex projects as one entity, even if broken down in smaller files, I will be in dreamland :slight_smile: