Modelling a surface more than 4 edges

Hi, I want to model a surface lets say I use the contol point curve button to define a boundary of the surface with 6 edges. Then how could I model the surface from this contol point curves ? But I want to see the conrol point data where using the polysurface does not show the control points. Note that I want to get a planar surface. When I use the surface from planar curves button; the control point is given as the vertex of a rectangle but I want to get the control points like modelling by using the surface from 2,3 or 4 edge curves.

Best Regards;

Ahmet

All untrimmed Rhino surfaces have 4 edges, which is inherent with NURBS surfaces. It is not possible to have a single, untrimmed surface with more than 4 edges. (Some untrimmed surfaces may appear to have only 2 or 3 edges. In those cases one or two of the edges may have zero length, and or one or more corners may have an angle of 180 degrees so that the two edges tangent at the corner.)

Alternatives for surfaces with more than 4 edges are:

1. Trimmed surface - PlanarSrf creates planar surfaces from planar edge curves by creating a rectangular surface and trimming it with the edge. Patch can be used to create surfaces from an arbitrary arrangement of curves but may need experimentation with the parameters.

2. Polysurface - this require internal curves for edges of the individual surfaces which divide the region into a set of subregions, each with 2, 3 or 4 edges.

Thank you for your reply @davidcockey