xNURBS announces the availability of Version 6.1 and V4/V5/V6 customers can get a free upgrade to V6.1. V6.1 includes several enhancements, e.g., improving surfacing quality and reducing the number of control points needed to satisfy the required precision, etc.
xNURBS also produces a tutorial video, which explains the xNURBS settings in detail and helps users to understand how to use xNURBS efficiently and correctly.
The following is a short answer to “why xNURBS”.
Key features of xNURBS:
- Unlimited capacities for solving NURBS: Its optimization algorithm can solve virtually any NURBS surface in milliseconds (regardless of the constraints’ complexity).
- High-quality surfaces: For a given set of constraints, xNURBS’ optimization algorithm uses an energy-minimization method to generate the smoothest NURBS surface among all possible solutions. The generated surface quality is outstanding.
- xNURBS is one super powerful NURBS tool that fixes virtually all surfacing issues for existing CAD software.
- Easy to use: It uses one simple UI for all kinds of NURBS modeling.
- Super robust: xNURBS is rock solid and works flawlessly.
- Native CAD surfaces: xNURBS is based on NURBS, i.e., the native CAD surfaces, which can be directly used for any CAD modeling operations without geometry translation.