WISH WASD navigation

Dear @scottd

There were many, many threads about this function in the past several years from many users. I even started one myself a year ago…

I will always bring this quote:

Walkabout is lame
-Bob McNeel

And it is true. Walkabout is recorded on YouTrack since 2014…
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issues?q=%23WalkAbout

One user made something, but unfortunately didn’t make it smooth enough to not get sick after a minute.

Rhino probably started as a modeling tool for the relatively small objects, so rotation around object was enough. But it is different now, people are using Rhino to design big ships, buildings and even urban scale models. You know the best, you recorded Rhino Inside Revit tutorials :wink:

Can you imagine that lack of that function was one of major reasons that I started to learn completely different program? (Unreal Engine 4 in that case) Export everything just to look at things I’ve done. Just for that.

Even before that, I’ve spent 150$ from my student money to buy Spacemouse from 3Dconnexion. - But I have very mixed feelings about this device.

I know it is not life-threatening problem but please consider implementing something which can be called a professional solution. There are many people on this forum who can describe how navigation like that should look nad what options are a must.

4 Likes