Window with hidden roller shutter

Hi,
how can I create a window with a roller shutter that will be visible in sections but no visible on the facade, as in the example attached

thanks

Hi @11170,

This will be possible with a custom parametric style created from a Grasshopper definition.
The only limitation currently is that it is not possible to specify a custom solid for subtraction, which you would need to place the shutter box.

You can check out what it is possible for doors and windows in this tutorial:
https://www.visualarq.com/learn/grasshopper-styles/doors-windows/

We will let you know when this feature is available.

Kind regards

Hi Ramon,
thank for your quick response.
I understand that it has to be a grasshoper style but there is no possibility of different cut depth in the same window?

Hi,

Not yet unfortunately, you can only specify a custom profile curve that will be extruded completely to create the hole.

Of course you can subtract a solid manually from the wall with _vaSubtractSolids but I think that it would be a lot of work.

Kind regards

Hi Ramon

can you please add it to the wishlist
it is a basic window in every residential project we have in the office.

thanks

1 Like

I can make it happen with two windows, one on top of the other.
can i connect them in some way?

If this works for you, could be a temporary solution. You can create a Rhino group with those objects.

Hello,
Technically, a shutter is the part of a window, so you just need a more complex window block, I think. Then, within this block you can add an outer cover of the shutter, with the same properties as your elevation layer.
But there is another problem (or wish) about windows and doors. There are no element for lintels. I would love to see it as an option for openings (and windows, doors) with some basic parametres like height, length, support width, type, materialโ€ฆ
Cheers, Jaro

2 Likes

Hi Jaro,

I didnโ€™t understand how can i create a different cut depths for different elements of the window.

The window as i understand cut the wall in a one "cut depth.

ืื™ื™ืœ ืกื™ืœื™ืก
ืฉื™ื— ืื“ืจื™ื›ืœื™ื
www.siah-arch.com

Hello,
You donโ€™t need any different cut depths, just a window block:

Cheers, Jaro

Hi jaro,

Can you send me your example to better understand the situation.

Thanks.

ืื™ื™ืœ ืกื™ืœื™ืก
ืฉื™ื— ืื“ืจื™ื›ืœื™ื
www.siah-arch.com

Cheers, Jaro
okno.3dm (3.9 MB)

Hi Jaro,
your model shows the for every wall i will need to change the window block to make it compatible with the wall type.
it is a very complex work for big projects.

see the attached image, when I only change the direction of the window.

thanks

Well, thatโ€™s why you get money for your job :wink:
Cheers, Jaro