What does it mean: Runtime error (MissingMemberException): 'CustomTable' object has no attribute 'GetObjectList'? how can I resolve it?

Hi everyone,

I am trying a python component from our forum guy Gijs, but there is an error
“Runtime error (MissingMemberException): ‘CustomTable’ object has no attribute ‘GetObjectList’”.
What does this mean?
I am using Rhino 6 and latest GH. And the line with the error in python is
curves = rs.GetObjects(“select curves”, 4)
Do I need download a new python?
Thanks!

provide more info, a piece of the code (or the whole script)

or the .gh file?

Hi Ivelin,

Thank you for your kind help!

The python code is from this topic and thank Gijs for his work:

I attached the GH file curveselection.gh (14.0 KB)
I make according to Gijs and the rhino file curveselection.3dm (304.3 KB) containing the curves.
Thanks again!

MissingMemberException means that the script/code is attempting to call a function which doesn’t exist.This can happen if you are running a script on an older version of Rhino that doesn’t have this function in it yet. We are constantly adding new functions in every version and service release.

Are you running Rhino 6 SR14?

Thank you for your reply. I just checked the version, it is Rhino 6 SR14. But it is an educational version. Is that the reason?

No, that wouldn’t make a difference. Looking at our description of the error a little more I suspect the script is experiencing an error by going into a case that it wasn’t expecting to go into.

Hi Steve,

Here are the error information. I am curious that for others it works, but for me it fails…

Runtime error (NotImplementedException): The method or operation is not implemented.

Traceback:
line 398, in GetObjects, “C:\Users\w.wu\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-ins\IronPython (814d908a-e25c-493d-97e9-ee3861957f49)\settings\lib\rhinoscript\selection.py”
line 18, in alignInput, “”
line 90, in script

Thanks!

[Rhino 6]
I have the same error…

Runtime error (MissingMemberException): 'CustomTable' object has no attribute 'GetObjectList'

Traceback:
  line 55, in AllObjects, 
"C:\Users\andrew.mole\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-ins\IronPython (814d908a-e25c-493d-97e9-ee3861957f49)\settings\lib\rhinoscript\selection.py"
  line 20, in script

My plan was to filter all the extrusion objects and turn them into lines (in a Grasshopper Python script):

all_objects = rs.AllObjects()

I am starting with a small document with a few extrusions and polysurfaces. If I call them in with the normal approach, all the extrusions come in as breps.