VisualArq Object Default Layers Missing

Hello Rhino + VisualArq Community

My current issue is that when I start a new VisualArq template, my default object libraries are missing. I import the Library no problem but the default Visualarq layers are still missing. And in properties the Default Visualarq object layers are all set to default. There is no I can see to import the visualarq layers and object layer defaults.

Any idea why this happens?

I like VisualArq for quickly making an architectural model before further design development in other BIM software. Over the years I’ve experienced many bugs and have worked around them or realized how I was causing them. It is a great software but I wish it was more stable. For example when I have multiple views (Top, side, Parallel, viewports, the navigation performance is super slow. but when I am in a full screen viewport it runs fast. The same thing happens even when all the viewports are in wireframe which is usually very fast.

I have another bug where wall corners have random bites taken out of them near the top or bottom of the corner. This happens sometimes and sometimes not. I can share photos of the condition.

Right now, I want to resolve the object default layer issue!

Thanks for the help! I am looking forward to helping improve Visualarq with feedback!

Solved: I realize my VisualArq - Inches template file was corrupted.

I made a new VisualArq - Inches template file and everything is good now.

Still need to find why some of my wall corners have chunks missing from the bottom of the corner

1 Like

Hi @Silas_Drewchin I’m glad you figure out how to solve your issue with the VisualARQ templates.

Could you share some examples of this problem? Try to play with the wall end points position, or edit the join in order to see if the wall intersection works better.

Please let us know any issues you may find. It will help us to improve the program!

This is something you will also experience without VisualARQ. When you have 4 viewports, Rhino needs to show (“paint”) the model 4 times, while if you have only one viewport in full screen, Rhino has to show the model only once. So it will be at least 4 times faster.

We wrote a post with some tips about how to improve the modeling experience with large files. Some of them might be useful even if you don’t have VisualARQ: Tips to streamline the workflow with large files in Rhino - VisualARQ

Thanks to you! Your feedback will be more than welcome!