Union Mesh not working it is orange

Hello all,
kindly I need a help
I have done 3d voronoi for a cylinder, the shape is good for now but the problem that I convert the 3d to mesh and give it mesh thicken be

tajrubeh3.gh (11.0 KB)
cause I want to make 3d printing to it need to have thickness, after that I am trying mesh union but not working. any help
and thank you again
here is the

Have a try MultiPipe.

tajrubeh3_re.gh (12.9 KB)

Please don’t post duplicate threads! A little patience instead is recommended.

thank you for your reply I will try it, but the intersection command why is empty and orange??
thank you

I highly recommend reading the Grasshopper primer. It cover all important basics.

Grasshopper Object Types | The Grasshopper Primer Third Edition (gitbooks.io)

okay the orange symbol of intersection I solve it by using populate geometry instead of populate 3d.
but the problem is when I bake the shape it is not smooth I will show u the picture
thank u

tajrubeh4.gh (14.7 KB)

I will thank u, but hope also to solve my problem
thank u

I updated the file but still have a problem in the shape , and I have ti notice that I need it a mesh for the 3d printing and solid so I did mesh thicken

tajrubeh4.gh (18.8 KB)

Your Union Mesh component has only one mesh going into it which is why it is orange/missing data. More importantly though, you have a number of very small curves/lines that you are multi-piping causing your geometry issues and the end points don’t line up in many spots. There would be more work needed to get your existing GH file to work well here I think. You could change the tolerance for selecting duplicate points as a start but honestly I’d go with voxels here based on your goal of printing. Use Dendro like this after baking out the culled curves and running SelSmall on them in Rhino with a value of .2 and delete all the tiny curves.

Dear thank you for the help,

1. I tried voxel it seems better and I deleted multipipe but still the shape not very smooth
  2. I tried to put value 0.2 for call duplicate but it give me not good results since he deleted lots of point so the optimum is 0.01
    I will send u the file so you could have a look we can make it smother
    notice that I tried smooth volume but same problem
    thank you again
    voxel 1.gh (19.1 KB)

stl file appear like this

Set your adaptivity in the volume settings to 0 like this. I often like to flatten the multiple curve input too but it’s working without that in this case after removing all the small curves (< .2) and referencing them again.

The baked mesh looks good to me here, I think you just needed more polygons but you can also blur the volume in Dendro too. That can be helpful in between volume Booleans if you start creating invalid meshes. I hope that helps.

just a heads up, i uploaded a new version of dendro on food4rhino a couple of weeks ago. it includes the latest version of openvdb and has a fix for the invalid mesh outputing from “VolumeToMesh”.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the help, really appreciated

1 Like

Thanks!