Unable to Upgrade from R7 to R8

Hi, I’m running into an issue upgrading to R8. When I try to add an upgrade license to the cloud zoo, it’s throwing back an error saying:

The license you are upgrading from is assigned to a different Rhino Account. Please use R***** there, too. Login instructions have been sent to [my old university email].

Problem is, there is nothing going into my old university email from Rhino, and there are no other email accounts tied to my license except my personal one. So what is going on here? I didn’t have this issue previously when I upgraded from R6 to R7.

You will probably need to contact sales@mcneel.com to get you fixed up. Looks like you have two Rhino accounts, which is a bad idea. You would need to get the previous license out of the old account with the university e-mail and then delete the account, then put the license in your current account. Then you should be able to install the upgrade. But if you can’t access the old account, then you won’t be able to delete it, and that’s why McNeel might need to help.

I’ve already checked, my old university account no longer exists as a Rhino account. I shifted the emails to my personal one once I upgraded out of university, hence I’m pretty puzzled as to why this is happening. On my license lists, they are all linked to the same personal email I’m using to log into Rhino to manage the licenses.

Hi Brian -

That’s correct, I’m seeing your Rhino 5, 6, and 7 licenses all linked to the email address that you are using here. I don’t see the Rhino 8 purchase linked here, though.
As Mitch says, you’ll have to get in touch with sales@mcneel.com to get this sorted.
-wim

Hi Wim, thanks, I’ve dropped them an email.