Toolbar of Rh8 plug-in not loading if installed after the version for Rh7

Hello,

I have experienced the following problem. I have a Rhino plug-in hosted in the package manager. There is a .rui file as part of the installation files, so the toolbar related to the plug-in is automatically loaded and displayed in Rhino when the plug-in is installed with the package manager:

However, if the user installs the Rhino 7 version of the plug-in before the plugin version for Rhino 8, the toolbar is not automatically loaded into Rhino 8 when opening the program. Can this be a bug of Rhino or am I doing something wrong?

The plug-in is called “One-Click-LCA” in the package manager in case someone has the time to test it. This might be an issue for the users that are already using the plug-in for Rhino7 and want to update to Rhino 8. If the user is using just one version of the plug-in there’s no issue.

Kind regards,

Diego

hello @d.apellaniz I just tried this, but could not repeat the behavior you are describing. Here after installing in Rhino 7, and after installing in Rhino 8 and restarting Rhino 8, the toolbar shows up as expected.

1 Like

Hello @Gijs, thank you very much for testing it! I have uploaded RHino 8 to the last version and now it’s working for me as well.