Toolbar Editing in Rhino 8 for Mac

I was rather pleasantly surprised that Rhino 8 imported my custom “Standard” Toolbar from Rhino 7, but was rather baffled that it didn’t also bring in my custom “Main” toolbar. Both were in my “Modified Pallettes” in my Command Editor in Rhino 7.

I started to use the Toolbars Window to try to edit and then ultimately create toolbars.
I was initially taken aback by how different it was from the Command Editor in Rhino 7 for Mac, and was disappointed that there was not the same Left click | Right click editing functionality like there was in Rhino 7 for Mac Command Editor.

After creating a new Main Toolbar try to match the one I used in Rhino 7, I also found that deleting buttons from the menu is buggy. Some buttons don’t seem to delete, some of the icons actually appear stacked on top of one another.

What is going on with the command Line? So I created a new Main toolbar with the commands I wanted, then when I clicked any of the buttons with dropdowns, the Command Line popped out of there and remained with a new toolbar. Thankfully I realized I could just populate that with the buttons I needed, but that was super strange to try to figure out.

I think I’ve got my commands and buttons how I would like now, the only think that seems to be missing for me is the ability to have Right click be a different command for each button.

Hello - if you right-click on a toolbar blank area you will see a context menu that should help adding or editing buttons. Shift-Right click on a button to edit it directly.

Cmd click and drag a button to copy it. Shift drag to move… into the modeling window will delete the button, you will be asked to confirm. I do see that deleted buttons do not disappear until Rhino closes and restarts - at least that is how it looks here.

-Pascal

Much appreciated Pascal

Right clicking on the blank area of a toolbar works on most toolbars, but not on the one I am using as my “main” toolbar (with the command line). Right clicking in blank space on that one does nothing.

When I Shift+right click on the buttons it does give me the option to edit it, but rather than finding, dragging, and dropping a button, I need to enter the command, this is not the end of the world, but less user friendly than my experience with what I described in & previously.

Yes, I also had the buttons I deleted finally go away after restarting as well, figured that out after some trial and error, but again, less than ideal experience.

Thank you!

Well, yes, that is true- the command line on Mac causes some headaches, and I would agree that maybe we need to look at how that special container is presented…

-Pascal

1 Like