The rhino-python package for the Atom text editor and Rhino for Mac

Thanks again @jeff_hammond, just set this up here at home. Works great

Adding here your command+r Atom Keybinding, so I don’t have to scroll up when I set this up at work next Week.
Randy

Hi Jeff,
it took some time to get back to this. For some strange reason I only have access to my Macbook when my daughter is out of office or asleep. :confused:

I’ve updated Mac Rhino but now it won’t listen to Atom at all. Anyone else seeing this? I’m also having problems rotating the view like it used to work, so I guess I’ll have to wait for a new update…

[quote=“Jess, post:42, topic:15907”]
Hi Jeff,
it took some time to get back to this. For some strange reason I only have access to my Macbook when my daughter is out of office or asleep. :confused:[/quote]
haha.

[quote]
I’ve updated Mac Rhino but now it won’t listen to Atom at all. Anyone else seeing this?[/quote]
so you’re running the _StartAtomListenerCommand? it turns off when you quit rhino.

did you update osx to 10.10.2?
if so, there’s something a little screwy between it and rhino right now… you can make it work right by changing the magic mouse preferences though.

discourse.mcneel.com/t/trackpad-10-10-beta-yosemite-beta/12183/26

Yes, I’ve updated OS X. The fix works - thanks.

Sure, see this screenshot. In the background you can see Rhino’s statusbar with the command feedback. Maybe this is also related to the OS X update? Maybe @Alain knows something?

hmm… yeah, i’m not sure what’s going on there (or, it hasn’t happened to me before).

Hi Jess,

What version of the rhino-python package are you using?

Hi Alain, there was 0.5.0 installed. No signs of an update. So I’ve uninstalled and re-installed the package, still v0.5.0 but then the update to v0.5.1 appeared and after installing it works again. Thanks!

0.5.1 wasn’t necessary and that’s why I released it as a patch (no update notification). 0.5.0 should be sufficient so probably the fact that you did a fresh install is what fixed your problem.

messing around… i’m sure this could be done better but just for fun using the default layer colors and the grid as a background image… a rhino syntax:

Ouch, that looks hard to read for me… I prefer something more “standard”, below is Notepad2, which I use for simple reading and minor editing of scripts, I have it set up to look much the same as the default Windows Rhino Python script editor color settings…

–Mitch

ha… me too. i’m working on a couple of scripts but no way would i want to do it with that color scheme… works ok for modeling… not so much for typing.

Having problems updating rhino-python in Atom.
Getting this message “EACCES, unlink ‘/Users/User_Name/.atom/packages/rhino-python/.npmignore’”

going from 0.5.0 to 0.5.3

Not sure where to look, googled lots of Linux stuff and js. Less stuff, developer related, here on work computer.

Any ideas. i just installed new build of Atom.

Randy

Hi Randy,

Do you have Atom 0.177.0?

I would try to unistall rhino-python completely and reinstall.

Not the cause of your install problems but one important thing I noticed today is that the latest autocomplete-plus package breaks rhino-python. If your installed version is greater than 1.1.0 then open a terminal window and type the following commands:

apm uninstall autocomplete-plus
apm install autocomplete-plus@1.1.0

Hi Alain,

Yes

I may uninstall Atom with an uninstall program like AppCleaner. Not able to uninstall packages.

Back in a few to let you know how things go.

Randy

fwiw, i’m not seeing that… after updating to atom.177 plus updating my packages, i restarted atom and rhino and autocomplete seems to be working ok .

Still getting unable to uninstall, after reinstalling Atom.

Am I missing anything?

I have done this twice, off in 15 minutes, so maybe a OS X restart in the morning and a new install of Atom. It seems to know about my packages after starting a new file from new install of Atom. Where would i look to uninstall all Atom packages other than what is listed in AppCleaner?

Thanks

there seems to be a hidden folder in the home directory…

~/.atom

shift-cmmd-G in finder and enter that :point_up_2:

it’s the folder which opens when pushing the button at the bottom of this screenshot

(it’s where all your custom atom stuff is at )

did you search on discuss.atom.io?

Here are some threads I just found:

Thanks @jeff_hammond found it,

Got an account, will search there tonight, Thanks @Alain

Hi Jeff,

Not everything works. For example type:

import 

on a new line and the completion window won’t pop up. Of course you can force it up with shift-ctrl-space.

It’s probably best to stick with autocomplete-plus 1.1.0 until I revise the package.