Surface query

Hello All,

I am trying to simulate the tight fabric covering over this aircraft turtle deck. I want to see what the different effects are for different stringer placement, although I suspect the stringers are about right where they are.
The lofted surface on top represents an aluminium top skin. I can change that too if the aesthetics are not good.
The area I need help with is the area inside the blue. ie Spine, top longeron, and the transition into the rudder.
What workflow would give me a result?

Here is the file (Rhino7):

Hello- there is a block - the frame - missing in the file, is that crucial for what you are asking? I am not sure I really undestand what you are looking for - is there a reference image?

-Pascal

Hello Pascal,

Oops sorry… here is the block file;

And here is a picture of what I am trying to achieve:

Kind regards,
Hugo.

Hi Hugo - I am niot sure if I have got the problem by the right handle but is something along these lines what you are shooting for?
Sonerai Turtle Deck_Maybe.3dm (336.9 KB)

-Pascal

Hello Pascal.
Thank you for your efforts.
I am trying to achieve a surface that represents the fabric covering over the frame.
Imagine trying to cover it in cling wrap and perhaps you will get the idea.
I couldn’t get drape to work because of the open frame, but perhaps it is my workflow that requires attention.
Kind regards,
Hugo.

Hi Hugo - I guess it is hard to know how the fabric will behave when stretched on the curved section and the straight ones at the same time but perhaps more like this?

Uploading: Sonerai Turtle Deck_Maybe.3dm…

-Pascal

Hello Pascal,
Yes that looks great.

Kind regards,
Hugo.

Hi Hugo,

Have you seen this post? [WIP] AM 20 04 }} Airplane Piper J-3 "CUB" - #9 by AlanMattano

Wow!. That really blew me away.
Way, way above my pay grade.