Hi Dale,
I came across another thread you were providing support in:
The solution you presented there, serializing entire classes, appeals to me and I would like to give it a shot. I’ve combined this code with some from the link you provided into a VB.net project (attached).
There is a class called shoe, and there are two shared instances of it within the plugin class, one for the right and one for the left. The EnterDataCommand sets, as an example, the x, y, and z properties while the UseDataCommand creates a point at these coordinates. I would like to run EnterDataCommand, then save the 3dm, close rhino, reopen the 3dm and be able to run UseDataCommand.
I imagine there are many places I’m going wrong… but first problem I’m suspecting is that the subs in the “Document user data overrides” region aren’t being called, and I’m not sure why.
Hope you can point me in the right direction.
Thank you kindly,
Sam
SerializingTest.zip (55.8 KB)