Sort list of geometries by name

Now, if only I can put the edges from the original geometry into the nested ones! That will save me a lot of work.

Thanks!

“Starfish” have a nice component called “DualPreview” that allows you to have different colour for sufaces and edges

I have two, ColorB assigns colors to each branch, ColorJ assigns colors to each item in a list (or each item in all branches).
colors_2022Oct9a
colors_2022Oct9a.gh (14.7 KB)

2 Likes

It is possible to make the nested parts to match the same colour as the ones displayed on the unit? This will make more easely to identify different parts in the project.

Yes, I could even label each piece with the names.

LATER: The only difficulty is making the labels readable. It doesn’t help that the original drawing is positioned over the OpenNest ‘Sheet’, but that can easily be fixed. The trouble was that there was no contrast between the color of the pieces and the color of the text tags. So I modified my ColorB cluster in two ways:

1. Added a ‘C’ (Color) output to use for the text tags.

2. Added an ‘A’ (Alpha) input to make the pieces partially transparent.

See yellow group.

sort_by_name_2022Oct9f.gh (48.8 KB)

1 Like

Even better is a standard component I didn’t know existed: ObjDet (‘Params | Input | Object Details’)
ObjDet

1 Like

Good finding. Now if I only could find a way to re-associate the original edges on the nested parts.

Why do the shelves have different names if they are identical?

• 10-R/H ADJUSTABLE SHELF
  • 10-L/H ADJUSTABLE SHELF

And why do they have edge trim on their hidden sides and back edges?
The ‘TOP TIE RAIL CUT OUT’ pieces also have some trim that are likely hidden?

They are different because the holes for adjustable shelves are not located the same, so they need different mechanisation.

My issue it is that EasyCut identifies this two panels and also the middle one as being only one panel.

Design flaw, use these instead:

1 Like

I know that are flaws. It is not my design.