Some questions

Hi I am recent user of paneling tools, the plugin is amazing and I see lots of potentials on how to use it in my workflow. While playing around with it, I have come around some questions, maybe someone can give me a hand. My questions below:

how can I input a set of rhino generated points into a GH grid?

How can I remove columns or rows from a grid? so far I have figure out how to extract them but not the oposite, im looking to do something like the standard cull index function, I tried using that one but then I lose the grid capabilities.

I am able to generate a pattern, but then I am not able to extract a mesh or cells only lines. below a screen of the pattern I am using.

Thanks!pattern

Hi etor

Were the points created using PanelingTools for Rhino?
The reason I’m asking is because PT tag points with their location in the grid and this information can be read into PT-GH using ptSelGrid components. If not, can you share your file to see the points and how you’d like to order them?

You can use standard Grasshopper culling of tree to extract or cull any portion of the paneling grid. Let me know if you need an example.

Can you share a full example?

1 Like

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your comments. Below my answers:

1. No, I meant having any grid point generated manually on Rhino, is there a way to transform these points into panneling tools points using grasshopper?

I attach a GH file with the other examples.

thank you so muchexample.gh|attachment (9.3 KB)

For some reason, the link shows broken. Can you attache again?

1 Like

Hi Rajaa,

Yes, here it isexample.gh (9.3 KB)

Here is the answer to your questions in the file.
As for the first question, I still need an example of points, and how you desire to order them. Sometimes you can use a base surface, or some directions,

1 Like

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your help. However that shape is a square and what I am after is having the square divided in 4 triangles. something like the image

Paneling tools for GH has a handy component that gets the i,j location of grid points. You can use this as a guide when creating your connection strings. Something like this might get you close to what you want?

1 Like

@chanley Hi Chris sorry for the late reply that worked great! thanks!