SNAPSHOT in detail viewport layout?

I replaced the script above - try that one…

-Pascal

@pascal, I think I figure it out. I was doing it backward.

I have old object: ‘snapshots saavy’ and new object: ‘snapshop clueless’

Script asks:

1. “Select Object to replace” >>> I was selecting ‘snapshots saavy’
  2. “Select Replacement Object” >>> I was selecting ‘snapshop clueless’

but the prompts are backwards!

if I reverse my selection it works

No, I think I had it backwards in the UI - I think my revised version above is correct…?

-Pascal

Yes. It works as expected now! Only weird thing is that there’s no yellow selection highlight so you are never sure if you are hitting the right object (in a busy assembly).

I’ll make it flash more - hold on a bit…

Flashier ReplaceObject_Test.py (616 Bytes)

-Pascal

that works great! Thanks Pascal.

…now I’m seeing another problem with snapshops: I have no way to know if I’m on my saved view or if I moved it.

If I open a saved scene with 4 saved snapshots, with from my user POV are also saved views, every single one of these snapshops shows me the view name with as asterik, as if it was unsaved:

capture_gf_075152PM_200213

This is with saved views, where I did not touch anything. If I pan around a bit I have no way of knowing I did so because this is when the asterisk should show up, but it was there all along.

I only get a warning when I try to move to another snapshop (asking me if I want to save my view change), but that’s not the time when such information is useful.

Does this make sense?

G

No. Doesn’t make sense. Send me a file.

1B !!! Please

I know this is an old thread, but is there a way to also have the replacement object take the position of the object that was replaced?