Hi KevJin,
attached the basic starting kit ! all you need is glue and paint ![]()
Its the tailplane tip and a couple of profiles further inboard as indicators of how the top curvature continues on beyond the area the task is for. You will need to ensure the skin curvature is correct for its route to those hence their inclusion.
dont skin all of it, only that of C onwards to tip.
you will need some intro to it so here is that.
The item is same above and below centre so a simple task of mirroring the end result. The edge curves I have as sami cicles so once swept, a trim could be made. or halve them beforehand.
two profile sets included, thought I would include also those after I CurvatureGraph checked them.
the points are the only way to see the original dims tips when profiles transferred elsewhere (though knots can be used I have now established)
You may wish to start over with original profiles, you will see the Y dimensions, no use in including the X dims, they are from 70yr old tabled data and at the time dictated the curves. Redrawing what are flyable profiles without killing anyone will be interesting for me. (this job wont get to be built though for flight, but the principle and data of such is there !)
It will be useful and interesting to see how the integrity of the profiles and shape is kept.with 4 control points.
Not aware of such for aerofoil sections so eager to see.
Note the layer with radiused edges, quite small items ! radius gets bigger at tailplane tip.
Also there are the trailing edge radiused tips I created for the CG corrected profiles, as you see original profiles come blunt ended, these stuck out a bit beyond the trailing edge frame so I elected to alter the radii and keep things at trailing edge.
Hope all is explanatory. get back to me if not.
Stratosfears approach can be found at
The actual item needed further work as there is a radiused edge from aft edge round to just fwd of tailplane tip, he had it sharp. I followed his lead on the 4 edged surfaces method.
I am instructed by a very learned friend to skin wings etc strip by strip from rib 1 to last rib, the strips are the profiles divided up by the dim tip points Sweep2 , with rails being lines between those points. Then join all the surfaces up.
very good of you to be brave ![]()
TailplaneTip starting data.3dm (175.6 KB)
Steve