Sharing my research. Looking for similar lines?

Hi, All!

For the past (many) years I’ve been researching for my PhD on informational thought strategies for the early stages of architectural design.

My claim is that this is a novel way of an integral design process and that is the first to incorporate abstract information and work on space. Though I´ve researched a lot, it is still a very bold claim and would like to ask you for help in case you got something similar in your radar-backlog I can relate to.

Of course any other comments, critics, etc. Are more than welcome!

Thanks in advance!!

The video is in spanish, but attached you find a brief explanation of what happens in it.

It´s a “hands-on” demo of an example application not of the strategies but of the tactics for their execution.
Basically the tactics are as follows. Not necesarrilly in rder but sure linked together on demand.

1. Space objects: they answer to the hierarchy developed by @Wassim_Jabi and the #topologic team and I´m striving to add volumetric point clouds. The objects are indeed geometries but their combination is topological and has non-manifold character.
  2. Informational objects: In the example developed through a knowledge graph but actually not using the graph power yet. Instead of RDF as usual I´m working with LPG graphs.
  3. Informational assignement: Information is added to the space objects so they become multidimensional.
  4. Topo-informational operations: This combinatorial operations can be one before or after the topological operations between the objects. Information gets combined along the topological operations. They can have an algebraic structure or be a “full merge” of all the objects and their information.
  5. Queries: After being operated upon the whole system can be queried as a geometrical database. Boolean gates, set theory and even fuzzy logic could be applied.
  6. Translation into BIM: This for me is the easiest part as #rhino-inside is working wonders. The informational content of the space objects can be easily translated and routed into specific BIM properties.
1 Like