Share your favourite scripts, macros and plug-ins

v8 does not developed

_NoEcho _-Options V R l A EnterEnd

I’ve got this set to ‘tvr’ which is short for Toggle View Rotate (mode).

This alias toggles between the ClassicV2Rotation (rotate mode that is most-like SolidWorks) and Rotate Around World Axes options.

Useful for quick switching between a presentation-friendly rotation mode where the Z-axis is locked to the vertical and a more free camera mode for modelling.

A simple macro to conveniently copy in place, ungroup, match the object properties and then add to existing group the pre-selected object(s):

! %_Copy _Pause _InPlace _SelLast _Ungroup
_MatchProperties _SelLast _Pause _AddToGroup

Could be handy for when existing groups consist some letters or other object that need to be copied and added to a new group. In this example, I copied the names of older metal plates for laser cutting and assigned them to the newer version.

I’m so thankful Rhino 8 didn’t break that new block edit plug-in!

Here’s two I use a lot:

MoveBlockDefinitionsToLayer.py (1003 Bytes)
MoveBlockWithContentsToLayer.py (1.2 KB)

I think they’re from this thread.

EDIT: Not sure why the forum renamed the first file… perhaps because it detected it had already been uploaded? It moves the definition and not the object, so make sure to rename it after downloading. The second script moves both the definition AND objects.

1 Like

Along with the macro that rotates the view by 180 degrees sideways, I also made a similar one for rotating the camera upside-down. This is especially handy when working on the Top view, because it lets me flip to Bottom with the press of a button. Sometimes it’s also useful for flipping the side views upside-down, too.

Reverse camera view sideways:
-RotateView a 180 l, -RotateView a 180 r

Reverse camera view upside-down:
-RotateView a 180 u, -RotateView a 180 d

2 Likes

I’ll share a few of my efficiency tools here. I use them for drafting. A lot of them are tweaks of existing commands:

Draw square from one side
2PointSquare.py (1.2 KB)

Align Commands for corners
BottomLeftAlign.py (1.4 KB)
BottomRightAlign.py (1.4 KB)
TopLeftAlign.py (1.3 KB)
TopRightAlign.py (1.5 KB)

Select objects in same axis
SelWorldHorizontal.py (2.3 KB)
SelYZ.py (2.3 KB)
SelZX.py (2.3 KB)

Sel by PrintWidth (I believe Mitch made this one…)
SelCrvsByPrintWidth.py (2.2 KB)

1 Click Scale1D (I have these set to SS SE SF SC) (making a + sign on the keyboard)
Scale1DLeft.py (1.6 KB)
Scale1DRight.py (1.6 KB)
Scale1DTop.py (1.5 KB)
Scale1DBottom.py (1.6 KB)

I also love using Align instead of move with a + sign on the keyboard, extremely fast for drawing
AS AE AF AC AD (Align Left, Align Top, Align Right, Align Bottom, Align Concentric)

And the same with changing views with VS VE VF VC VD VDD, V1, V2, VZer (Left, Top, Right, Bottom, Front, Back, 1 Point Perspective, 2 Point Perspective, Parallel Projection

Scalar Offset using object midpoints
ScalarOffset.py (1.6 KB)

Rotate From Centerpoint (needs work, but useful)
RotateFromCenterpoint.py (3.0 KB)

Move up and down between layers (I have this automated to ER and EW)
PrevNextLayer.rvb (2.8 KB)

Point on Face: CTRL Click a face and it adds a point directly onto the face, can also do this with OnSurface (which I didn’t know about when I made this)
PointOnFace.py (858 Bytes)

MultiPictureFrame is like PictureFrame but allows you to shift select multiple images
MultiPictureFrame.py (1012 Bytes)

Boundary Trim: This is another Mitch script. Trims everything inside or outside a boundary
MultiNestedBoundaryTrimCurves.py (4.1 KB)

Individual AreaCentroid - Creates individual centerpoints for multiple objects
IndividualAreaCentroid.py (1.1 KB)

HatchXL - bypasses the Boundary Mode for super fast hatching
HatchXL.py (410 Bytes)

Explode Linetype (by Mitch) explodes dashed lines, considering making a version that also explodes printwidth…
ExplodeLinetypeV12.py (8.6 KB)

DupMultipleLayers - good if you want to copy a bunch of layers at once for a repetitive layer structure
DupMultipleLayers.py (2.0 KB)

DeleteMode - Need to delete scattered objects? turn it on, everything you click will be deleted until you press enter
DeleteMode.py (618 Bytes)

I also use a ton of macros but that can be more of a personal journey…

5 Likes

Also there’s some useful Aliases people added to this thread I made a while back