Shading in Rhino 6 vs Rhino WIP

Hello to everybody,
I am getting a completely different shading behaviour on Rhino 6 and on Rhino WIP. On Rhino WIP I can see correctly this sort of gridshell made from pipes. On Rhino 6 the grid is all jagged, up to a point that it cannot be shown. Render mesh quality is set on “Smooth and slower” on both. I get the same behaviour on any shading mode apart from the X-Ray mode in Rhino 6. In Rhino WIP everything is fine.

System: Windows 10 on a Razer Blade 14" 2017 with i7-7700HQ, Geforce GTX 1060, 16GB RAM

Thanks
Luca

Follow up. By closing Rhino 6 and starting it again, some shading modes work fine, some others, such as pen, artistic, technical and raytraced, give the same jagged uncorrect result.

Is you model very far from the World origin?
Is part of your model a long way from this object?

Hi John, yes, it is. Is there any reason why on Rhino WIP the problem doesn’t exist? I will try to move everything back to the origin.

I suspect the WIP has some newer, double precision meshing support specifically added for this sort of issue.

Keep in mind that the Rhino display was never designed to handle the high coordinates typically used in architecture and civil engineering.
Rhino was originally designed for the industrial design working environment.