Section Tools app for GH

hi @rajaa

Is there any chance of getting a grasshopper app of Section Tools?

Define a plane, intersect particular objects , then orient to a location in the xy. What other features are thinking of?

all options and commands that comes with the rhino plugin.

You can do that all already with existing components… make a section (intersect), hatch it (human, elefront), name it (branching/user text), bake it with the same layers.

thank you!

Where is the background? Why do I need plugins? The question is easy…why each time we request something essential to speed up our work, do we listen for some workaround as a genial solution? mah

Hi Roy -

Instead of reviving a 4 year old thread, it would be more productive if you could show specific examples of what’s not possible in Rhino 8.
-wim

Hi Wim,

I’m sorry; I didn’t notice it was an old thread.

Anyway, I think that in Grasshopper, we should find all the Rhino standard commands (so now the new section tool of Rhino 8, too). Some years ago, I asked about the management of the blocks inside Grasshopper, and it seemed that was a feature not possible; now, with the 8, this feature is PERFECT (Thanks, David).
Now, on another topic, I’ve asked about managing the HOLES in Grasshopper (like it is possible to do directly in Rhino) and, again, a lot of workarounds. I’m an expert user of Grasshopper, so I know too, but, to me, Grasshopper should have all the Rhino standard commands inside by default. Of course, this is only my point of view to be helpful to improve Rhino and Grasshopper,
thanks for Your work,
Roy

1 Like

I agree with you