Scripting _Fullscreen command bug(let)

When using Fullscreen command in a script, it will toggle only once, on the first run. Then even when invoked multiple times in the script, it has no effect unless there is a prompt in the code (like Rhino.GetString()) that would then refresh the current status of the Fullscreen (or on script exit).

I was hoping I can test for being in Fullscreen by quickly toggling it back-and-forth and comparing the current viewport sizes; also I want to have key toggle in a script to switch back and forth but now I have to have extra {enter} press to make it refresh. Unless there is a better way to force-refresh it in script without a prompt ?

Call Rhino.Command("_Fullscreen")
Call Rhino.Sleep(1000)
Call Rhino.Command("_Fullscreen")
'insert Rhino.GetString()below here and it will refresh Fullscreen. Without it, it will not
'Rhino.GetString()
Call Rhino.Sleep(3000)

Hey Jarek,

What if you call a redraw after Fullscreen…? The following (python) seems to work OK here:

rs.Command("_Fullscreen")
rs.Redraw()
rs.Sleep(3000)
rs.Command("_Fullscreen")
rs.Redraw()
rs.Sleep(3000)
print "Done"

VB seems to work the same:

Option Explicit

Call Test()
Sub Test()
	Rhino.Command "_Fullscreen"
	Rhino.Redraw()
	Rhino.Sleep(3000)
	Rhino.Command "_Fullscreen"
	Rhino.Redraw()
	Rhino.Sleep(3000)
	Rhino.Print "Done"
End Sub

–Mitch

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the quick reply. It works the way you described.
I actually tried it before and it did not, but after restarting my Rhino it is back to normal.
I guess I was just messing around with it too much in this session and Rhino had enough.

Thanks again - I guess this one is solved ; )

-j

However, what I do notice - don’t know if it’s my install or not - is that _Fullscreen in the WIP does not hide my toolbars as it does in V5 - docked or undocked, they stay visible in Fullscreen and I don’t see a switch to change that.

–Mitch

Same here in latest WIP - the top toolbar always stays on. Looks like Fullscreen needs some love.

Yes, with the default toolbar set, the top tabs stay. With my custom WS - imported from V5 - loaded, EVERYTHING stays. :grimacing:

@pascal - I don’t see a yt item for this, nothing open for Fullscreen that I can find…

–Mitch

Checkin’ it- thanks.

Yeah, FullScreen leaves the top toolbar and DragStrength if it is open and docked.

http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-35033

thanks, all

-Pascal

In current BETA the top main toolbar with tabs still stays visible in FullScreen mode here (DragStrength open or not) - this is messing up the “presentation” mode we use it for now. I wonder if anyone else is seeing it. It happens here on a few different systems.

–jarek

In the beta version how can I get the true fullscreen or closest to it without dragging/undocking the toolbars from the main screen, as in Rhino 5 fullscreen command? The new beta leaving open the toolbar tabs does not produce a proper fullscreen.

Yes that’s a bug that has been reported a long time ago. Makes “Fullscreen” much less useful for live presentations etc. having to manually close / restore. This happens here with the main top toolbar only. Are you seeing the same ?

Unfortunately it’s the same here, the only way to do an acceptable full screen on a viewport in beta is to drag-out the viewport (duplicate it) then maximize it, but that’s only possible with one viewport, in quad-view I used to be able to go full screen as well (no toolbars.tabs) in Rhino 5. I use full screen often for projectors and I had a nice button made in Rhino 5, attached the command _Fullscreen _Enter, that was it, very helpful even in quad-view.

Pretty much any toolbar that is docked at the top of the screen stays there in FullScreen while all other elements are hidden ( @jeff - if it helps to diagnose the issue ).

hi @jeff - any chance to make this bug go away in the upcoming SRs ?
It’s been getting in the way of doing real-time, full-screen presentations from Rhino big time.

I thought I’d give it a nudge, small thing but one of the most annoying setbacks in V6 that we deal with daily.

–jarek

@Jarek,

Just to make sure…the only thing you’re asking for here is that the docked toolbars go away in Fullscreen…right? Your original post about the script not exiting out of Fullscreen seems to work just fine here… I run the script… My screen goes full, 1 second later my screen restores, then a 3 second pause until the script editor appears again. So as far as I can tell, that part is working just fine… but my top toolbar doesn’t go away while in Fullscreen…and that’s what you want fixed asap… Correct?

Thanks,
-Jeff

Ok, I just fixed the hiding problem (i.e. https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-35033)… should be in SR9.

@Jarek, reading your first post… If you use Python, there is a “IsFullScreen()” property that can be queried… Should get you what you’re after instead of toggling fullscreen and comparing resolutions.

-J

Hi Jeff,

yes, my nag was about the top toolbar leftover, sorry for not being clear. Can’t wait to use the fixed version, thanks!!!
(and yes, using IsFullscreen now in V6 - both Python and RhinoScript have it).

–jarek

hi @jeff,

Just tested the latest build - the top toolbar goes away as requested, but something got messed up and some other UI elements disappear, even if set to YES in “_-fullscreen” scriptable command.
Only status bar, menu and title seem to do what they need.
The rest always disappears, no matter of the setting.

( I usually keep the command line on in FS…)

Can you see the same on your end?
(@pascal - in case you need to check this while testing the fix)

thx

–jarek

Hi Jarek - yep, so far I see the command line, layers and properties do not obey… they never show. This is in V6 - is that what we’re checking here? (Serengeti…)

-Pascal

Hi Pascal, yes, V6 latest daily build. thanks for checking.

@Jarek, @pascal…

Ugh… this is what happens when I try fixing something after 10pm :slight_smile:

That’s why we have people like you @jarek testing daily builds :wink:

I’ll fix it.

Thanks,
-Jeff