But neither of them have any way to change the syntax highlighting…
And here is Discourse (Python):
"This is a string"
1.0,2
my_variable
#this is a comment
True,False
def ThisIsAFunction():
Now, there doesn’t seem to be any consensus on any sort of ‘standard’ color scheme. All the more argument for giving us the possibility to edit the schemes like most of the Notepad++ style editors do.
Personally I’m really not fond of ScriptEditor’s use of the same green color for numbers as for comments… Comments should really be a unique color (IMO).
This is also one of the first things that struck me when the new editor was first added. I’ve been meaning to elaborate upon what I first posted back here:
More specifically, these bits that got lost in the many issues that topic ended up covering:
As far as I understand the new editor is built on Monaco, so it probably shouldn’t be too difficult to provide customisation support. That said, I agree it would be nice if the new editor would simply adopt the syntax highlighting of the old editor as its default light mode colour/text style scheme. Including bold keywords, duplicate highlighting and the stronger/more legible font rendering (for lack of a better/more technical word).
Hi,
Anything is possible , just a matter of priority.
I don’t think that the defaults are that bad (they match some of the vscode themes) but I agree that they could be improved. RH-81300 RH-81301
Bumping this (@Alain@eirannejad). As noted elsewhere, I’ve been trying to use the new script editor in production. And while things are better in terms of performance/functionality, the syntax highlighting really isn’t working for me. I’ve tried several fonts to find something that works and FiraCode is pretty good (for me). But compare these screenshots of production code against GhPython with the default Consolas. It might just be me, but code legibility/structure is much higher in GhPython (and sharper/constrasty, but that’s probably this):
Edit: Here’s another side-by-side from Rhino WIP, 9.0.26021.12305. Both using Consolas (size 10 in GhPython and size 8 on the new component), with roughly the same amount of code and editor sizes: