Running Windows form application using Rhino_c#

Hi All,
I am trying to develop a c# windows form app that shall run using rhino and also it will be a stand alone application. I start up the application via rhino command line. However Rhino UI(cannot modify the document at all) remains block till the application is not closed. Do I need to use another thread to run the external application inside Rhino or?

Any guidance related to this is appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi @obhagwat29,

Are you using Rhino.Inside? Have you see this sample?

– Dale

1 Like

Thnak you!
No I wasn’t using Rhino.Inside. I want to develop the app inside Rhino6. Is there any way to do it for Rhino6.
Also I installed RhinoWIP and was trying to installed NuGet package Rhino.Insde. I got this error ("Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Unable to find a version of ‘Grasshopper’ that is compatible with ‘Rhino.Inside 0.2.0 constraint: Grasshopper (>= 7.0.20007.12535-wip)’.

How can I fix it?
Thanks!

")

So, does “inside Rhino6” mean you want to write a plug-in for Rhino? If so, please start here:

– Dale

Oh darn, I just updated the nuget package yesterday and must have messed up the dependencies. I’ll see if I can fix that

1 Like

Thanks! All i wanted UserControl and Docker bar(Not going with windows form now) to pop out on loading plugin.
So I override OnLoad() method but now i have another question how do I call same DockBar again after closing it? I believe I need to load .rui file. how do I create .rui file?

Hi @obhagwat29,

There are several tabbed dockbar samples in the samples repository on GitHub.

Also, RUI files are made with Rhino’s Toolbar command. Check the Rhino help file for details.

– Dale