Roof styles - not working?

Ok so trying to have a house with an outer roof with an overhang past the outer walls and an inner roof within the outer walls. So, im trying to create two different roof types : inner and outer as you see in fig. 1.

The problem is it seems im not able to have more than 1 roof style as ALL the styles change when i change one of them.

All roof styles insist on using the same slab styles and i cant remove a slab style from a roof style. Its hard to talk about…i hope you understand.

I think im misunderstanding something … i hope so at least

I was able to overcome my problem using grasshopper. Doing the following:
I created 2 slab types outside of grasshopper: ‘Inner’ and ‘Outer’ slab. The inner slab style has 2 slab layers- one ‘invisible’ offset layer and one real layer with the thickness of the inner roof. Then referenced those to grasshopper and created 2 roofs from the same boundary curve:

As you see the offset layer brings the inner roof down below the outer roof even if theyre from the same boundary curve.
I then used ‘roof subtract boundary’ to get a volume to subtract with. and subrracted solids with the visual arq subtract solids command.

Hopefully theres a better way. But this is how i solved it.

-J

1 Like

Hi @Jens_Jacob_Melhus_Ju,

What you are seeing in that list are all the slab styles you have got in the file. The one used by the roof style is the one highlighted.

For example, in this case the “Default” roof style is using the “Standard 3” slab style, the other 3 are just listed in case you want to change the slab style for that roof style.

Thank you Alfonso!
I get it then. Its very obvious when you know it.
Great help.

1 Like