RhinoRepairBrep for opennurbs

Hello ,

From the plugin rhino , we can use the function , RhinoRepairBrep to make a valid brep , is it possible to have the same function for opennurbs library without any rhino function ?

thanks
Laurent

Probably not. Opennurbs is the library with which you can read and write 3dm files. As such it provides a rich data structure, but no advanced modeling functions, like repairing BReps.

Hello ,

as we can create a brep with c++ sources so I suppose every body don’t have always a perfect brep (with tolerance vertex/edge, seam , north/west …) errors , so is it possible to have the way that uses the RhinoRepairBrep function , I will implement it or I need to get from the IsValid method and repair when we get an error .

thanks
Laurent

Hi @eraud,

I’ve logged your openNURBS request.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-57681

Thanks,

– Dale

Hello Dale ,

thanks for your help to add this method , I don’t know if is possible to have it into opennurbs framework .

is it possible to have the function that you have into rhino , the source code or the algorithm, I will modify it with opennurbs classes , I suppose it is not possible !!! it is a dream …

have a good day .

thanks
Laurent

Hi @eraud,

The issue I created targets 7.x, which means it won’t be available when Rhino 7 ships. But it should be available sometime during the Rhion 7 lifecycle.

– Dale

Hello Dale ,

ok

thanks
Laurent