RhinoDoc > OpenHeadless > .3dm file

Hello everyone,

this is my first time posting here a question in the forum=) I recently started working on RhinoCommon and RhinoCompute. I have been facing issues when converting our RhinoCommon PlugIn.
I hope this is the right place to discuss the problem I ran into:

Till now we are using Open() and we don’t have any issue opening and generating reports from it.

Apparently, I am running into an issue when using the RhinoDoc Methods:

When I open .3dm file using OpenHeadless() method, it’s unable to load layout properties properly. I can view all the layouts in doc.Views but the layouts are not loaded properly. Views like Top, Bottom, Right, Left… are loading fine.

doc = RhinoDoc.OpenHeadless(@“C:\Sample.3dm”);
Works fine when i use
doc = RhinoDoc.Open(@“C:\Sample.3dm”);

Regards.

Hey @Rama_Shashank ,

Have you tried File3dm?

I tested this by creating a file with a layout and one detail. I use RhinoDoc.OpenHeadless() and in doc.Views I see 4 RhinoView and 1 RhinoPageView.

What I do see is that the loaded RhinoPageView has bounds of {X=0,Y=0,Width=0,Height=0} where as if I open the file directly, the bounds are {X=0,Y=0,Width=283,Height=200}

Yes, that’s the issue.
I can’t read RhinoPageView which stores layout details. All the properties are set to default.
But when I open Rhino I can see all the details.

Till i get the proper fix, I will try to use File3dm.Read() method to read the file.

Yes,
When I use File3dm.Read() method can see the info I needed.
Thank you.

Need to check if there is anything that’s missing.

I have opened an issue to investigate this further. Thank you for reporting it!