RhinoDoc.LightTableEvent not called during document open

Hi,

I have registered various events on RhinoDoc:

Rhino.RhinoDoc.LightTableEvent += new EventHandler<LightTableEventArgs>(RhinoDoc_LightTableEvent);
Rhino.RhinoDoc.AddRhinoObject += new EventHandler<RhinoObjectEventArgs>(RhinoDoc_AddRhinoObject);
Rhino.RhinoDoc.BeginOpenDocument += new EventHandler<DocumentOpenEventArgs>(RhinoDoc_BeginOpenDocument);
Rhino.RhinoDoc.EndOpenDocument += new EventHandler<DocumentOpenEventArgs>(RhinoDoc_EndOpenDocument); 

In Rhino 5 when I open a document all these events get called correctly. However if I open a document in Rhino 6.2.18065.11031 (Windows) the LightTableEvent doesn’t get triggered. If I then add lights to the scene it does get triggered, it’s only during document open that it does not. This means that my plugin is unable to track existing lights in a scene as it doesn’t get notified of their existence.

This was fixed in 6.3 release candidate 2. Final 6.3 has already been released, please update to 6.3.

Well that’s good news. However my Rhino 6.2 does not tell me there’s an update available yet. I had to do a manual update check to know there was a 6.3 release. My update settings are set to ‘Service Release’ and it was working in the past as I spent weeks dismissing the update to 6.2 message boxes on startup.

Help > Check for Updates... | Check Now ...

This will pop up the default browser if it isn’t open yet, and show a page that will tell you if you have latest or not. A download link will be provided if a newer version is available.

Alternatively you can also just download the latest from https://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino-for-windows/6/latest

Yep, that’s where I found it. It just doesn’t show up on startup like the 6.2 update did.

It should yes. If it doesn’t do so whenever 6.4 finally gets released (probably around the change of the month to May) please report again.