Rhinocommon Command and Runscript?

Hello,
I have a command which uses Rhino.Commands.Style.ScriptRunner because I need to script the _Insert command. Now before I do this, my command also asks for user defined input (a collection of geometry objects, file paths, etc). I guess these two modes of operation are not compatible (asking for user input in the command and using RunScript?)?

If there s a way to mix Rhino.Input.Custom.GetObject(); or Rhino.Input.RhinoGet.... with a call to RunScript() in the same command? It seems the command line is telling me that it is not possible since it would like running a command while another command is running.

Any strategies on how to deal with this?

Nevermind, this works just fine when combining input and RunScript. Leaving here for reference. My main issue was with my RunScript logic.

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem: I need to use RhinoGet.GetString before running a script. But I didn’t get how to combine Input with RunScript?

Thanks,
Dmitriy

You are not going to "combine input with RunScript. You will prompt the user for something, and then you will call RunScript. Does this help?