Rhino Plugin auto loading

Currently, I have a rhino plugin which is installed in my launcher. What should I do so that I could see my plugin loaded and toolbar shown in the panel, right after I start Rhino. Is there any registry that I should write? Or should I modify the rhino settings file in “AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\Plug-ins”?

Could anyone give me some hints to figure it out how to load plugin automatically, both in Rhino7 and Rhino8?

You were told in your previous topic that you should override LoadTime. This is how the RhinoCycles plug-in does it:

Thank you for your reply. I have add PlugInLoadTime in my codes of my plugin, the problem is Rhino does not know to load my plugin for the first time. Currently, I have two solutions to make Rhino load my plugin: 1. load plugin manually, 2. write plugin GUID and folder address in registry.
For the second solution, sometimes I can’t see my toolbar, and I have to open my rui file in toolbar setting

How could I make my rui file shown in the location of first red mark, and check the checkbox?

I think you’re looking for this bit of info.

Thanks for your reply. This is the solution I am currently using to load my plugin. Do you sometimes encounter situations where the toolbar is not opened in the panel?

I called OpenPanel right after closePanel, I am sure if this is the reason why the toolbar sometimes is not shown in the panel.

In think you should do this once Rhino has fully loaded, and not in OnLoad. That can be done by subscribing to the RhinoApp.Idle event, and once that fires, unsubscribe from the event then set your panels the way you want them to be.

1 Like