Rhino Inside not asking which Rhino version on open

Hi.
We were on RhinoInside 1.16.8620.27572 for Revit in order to make it default to Rhino 7 since we haven’t converted projects to 8 yet.

After noticing the release of the feature to allow the choice of rhino version on start up, we installed it to test but it just default opens in Rhino 8.
Is there a setting somewhere that I’m missing?

Current versions installed:
Rhino Inside - 1.20.8836.21283
Rhino 7 - 7.36.23346.16351
Rhino 8 - 8.5.24072.13001
Revit 2020-2024 all latest patches
Windows 10

Thanks

Please verify this registry key exists and points to the appropriate folder.

Also double check you have these two folders under C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2024\RhinoInside.Revit .

And your .addin file points to the correct assembly.

Should not happen, but if these files where in use by an other application when you updated RiR something may be wrong.
In this case please be sure no Revit is running and uninstall and reinstall RiR.

Hi Kike,
Thanks for the reply

In the registry, the 7 path does point to 8. The Path key only. The rest point to 7
We are in a citrix environment which means that when we install Rhino Inside, it’s like it’s installing on a fresh machine that never had it before so previous files or reg keys can’t get stuck. It’s odd that the install changes this.

I’ll try manually changing it back and see if that fixes things.
I’ll reply here with the update.

Changing those reg keys back fixed the issue. Still confusing that it does that in the first place.

Thank you