Rhino crashing during grasshopper run (Python node)

Hi,

I’m facing an issue, that Rhino crashes, when I’m running a grasshopper file. The file mainly consists of a Python node, which contains some parallel processing.

The process works iteration wise. About 5 iterations are ok, if I do more in one run, it firstly freezes for some time and after that, it crashes.

The crash file contains the following information:

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Nicht genügend Quoten verfügbar, um diesen Befehl zu verarbeiten
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
[END ERROR]

Any ideas what happens? The Windows error “0x80004005” doesn’t help a lot,

Thanks,
Marco

Hi @marco.graf,

In order to provide assistance, we’ll need a way to repeat the crash here. So, you might want to upload a small GH solution that we can try.

Thanks,

– Dale

Hi @dale,

thanks for your answer. I’m not able to share this GH file publicly. I tried to reproduce it with a small portion of it, but haven’t been successful yet.

I changed something in the Python code and currently I don’t face this issue anymore. For whatever reason…

Thanks,
Marco

Check both free diskspace and free memory. I think one of the two is running out. Make sure you free data you don’t need on subsequent iterations.

Hi @nathanletwory

I have the same suspicion… I did some optimizations and right now the issue isn’t there anymore.

Thanks!
Marco