Rhino 8 - Weird popup from 'Geometry Pipeline' component (probably a bug)

Hi :slight_smile:,

I have imported a glb file (scanned mesh) inside Rhino 8 and selected some vertices from the mesh. Then I copied those points and put them in a new layer called “points”. Everything went well up to this point.

However afterwards when I tried referencing them using the default ‘Geometry Pipeline’ component I got this pop-up message from the grasshopper component:

But for some reason ‘Dynamic Geometry Pipeline’ from the plugin Human works fine.

I am guessing this is not intended behaviour :melting_face:.

I am on SR2 and will test on the latest service release candidate when I have the time.

1 Like

What happens if you use the Query Model Objects component? You can pass the name of the layer into the Layer Input if you only want to return objects on those layers? This is likely a bug that we need to address, I was just trying to find an interim solution for you (with native components) until we get it sorted. Is it possible to share the model you’re using (or create a simple example file) which will display this bug?

Hi @AndyPayne :wave:,

So I tried ‘Query Model Object’ component and it works.

I want to also share the 3dm file, but it seems to be unusually heavy. Unfortunately, I can’t even use the Save As function. Currently, I’m relying on the Recovered Model from my autosave folder :confused:. Overall file is 3.2 gigs and whenever I try to export just the points, Rhino freezes.

I tried zipping it and I could get it to 54 mbs but forum doesn’t let files above 20 mbs.

Hi Yattra -

You can upload big files from this page: Rhino - Upload to Support
Make sure to copy the link to this thread in the comments field.
-wim

Hi @wim,

Done!

Thanks. I got the file. I’ll take a look.

I first tested your file with Rhino 8.5 and I did see a similar error (although not the exact same message) as you posted. However, I then tested your file in the latest Rhino 8.6 release (whose first service release candidate will go out next Tuesday) and it appears as though this issue is fixed. If you can, please test this next week on your end with the latest service release and let us know if you run into any troubles.

this thread shows something similar

1 Like

Issue seems to be fixed, thank you :pray: