Rhino 8 for Mac. SubD Crease tool

Hi, I was looking for any info on the SubD crease function and I found this post. I wonder if you can help. In Rhino 7 for Mac the crease and smooth functions are next to each other, makes sense. But in Rhino 8 they are not together, is there a reason?
My real question is this: in Rhino7 for Mac I can click on a point on the corner of a face then click crease and I get a sharp corner, I found this very useful. In Rhino 8 this no longer possible, Is this function now found elsewhere, I can’t find it. Any help much appreciated.
Allan.

Hi,
In Rhino7 for Mac I can click on a point on the corner of a face then click crease and I get a sharp corner, I found this very useful. In Rhino 8 this no longer possible, Is this function now found elsewhere, I can’t find it. Any help much appreciated.
Allan.

Hi
have a look here if you want.

HTH
Akash

find it in the Mesh Tools tab

Hi @allanbeagle ,

In an upcoming Rhino 8 service release the SubDCrease icon will get a right click macro to run the Crease command which allows fast access to Crease which will sharpen verts or provide a perfectly sharp edge. The left click on this icon will still run the new SubDCrease command.

In the meantime, you can use the Crease command directly.

1 Like

Thanks Akash, I didn’t know about this. Looks very interesting.

Hi Inju, Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks Brian, but will it work on a point also or only an edge?

Hi again Brian, I read your post again and you do say that it will work on verts. So it should be good. Thanks.

1 Like

I am SO glad I found this post. I thought I was going nutty (again?) when I coudln’t find the ‘Crease’ command. Another close call.