Rhino 7 Launches but Not showing Win 11

Hi, I have been looking for any way to get Rhino to actually launch and it’s not working. I’m on the Win 11 home insider preview with all latest Win and Nvidia updates. I can close Rhino 7 in the Task manager but can’t get it to show on 1 and only monitor I have plugged in.

Any ideas?

I should mention I have uninstalled and reinstalled, updated the .net runtime C++ library and so on. Won’t even launch in safe mode.

To understand better, you should use the _SystemInfo command, and paste the results here.

Hello- it seems Rhino can’t get that far.

@Isaiah_Coberly has Rhino ever worked on this machine? If so, did it only stop working with this version of Windows 11?

-Pascal

1 Like

Yes, that is an excellent point. What remarkable stupidity on my part. :smiley:

1 Like

Rhino was launching and showing just a few days ago on this machine. I think I recall that Window did update a few days ago but I can’t say for certain…

I guess this is what is catching my eye - I am not at all sure what to tell you about this - I’ll ask around here, but this seems somewhat ‘at your own risk’ ish to me…

-Pascal

1 Like

You were right. the latest insider preview of Windows 11 home kills Rhino 7 not Rhino 8 though. I went back to the previous build and it started right up.
Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26080.1100 (ge_release) Is the last one that worked…