Rhino 5 upgrade to 7

I just bought an upgrade for my Rhino(s) 5(i have both windows and Mac) but there is only Rhino 7 for Windows on site. Is it possible that i miss something? i’ve just be able to download upgrade for Rhino 7 for Windows and according to the site, i have to buy a new license for my Rhino 7 for mac .
So my question is: what i have to do to upgrade my Rhino 5 for mac to Rhino 7 for Mac? Do i have to purchase a new upgrade or buy a new license or my actual(upgrade for Rhino 7) purchase works for both versions?
Thanks to all

You can download the mac version here: https://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino-for-mac/7/latest

The license is cross platform and will work for both.

Regards

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Keith! I will follow the link you gave me.
Regards

Is this true? I bought Rhino5 for Windows while in school, the Mac version was still in beta. Now I’m tired of running through virtual machine on my Mac. Rhino7 trial is running great natively on MacOS. I thought that I could only upgrade my Rhino5 for Windows to Rhino7 for Windows but if I wanted a Mac version I’d have to buy a new license completely. Apparently they were originally being treated as two different products. Was there a change or did I misunderstand something? Can someone from McNeel weight in on this topic?

Hello - this is a regular upgrade, you do not need to start from scratch.

-Pascal

Hi!

Can I upgrade my Rhinoceros 5 to 7 somehow?

• Juhan

No. But you can upgrade it to Rhino 8… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Where in the application can I find my license key then? It just has the serial number in there. :-/

Well, wait a minute, maybe it wasn’t clear, Rhino 8 is a paid upgrade.

If you are looking for your Rhino 5 license key to validate the upgrade, try here:
https://www.rhino3d.com/licenses/report/

The main problem is that I can’t find my license key and/or it doesn’t let me add it to my Rhino account.

“The Rhino for Mac 5 Evaluation license key you entered is not supported in the Cloud Zoo. Please enter a supported license key instead.” not sure if this key is the one I’m using or not as it’s from 2019 and I might have got another one that is not an evaluation key.

I’d like to find a solution to either find the key I have in my current Rhino 5. If it can be found from the application I have on my Mac. Or upgrade it (if it’s not an evaluation key) to a Rhino 7 or 8. 7 would be better as my colleagues have it and it would be troublesome to have different than what they have.

Thanks for you help!

Evaluation licenses are not eligible for upgrades. If you bought a license but can’t find the key, contact sales@mcneel.com to have them help you find it.

Normally if you have a serial number, with the link I posted above you should be able to have your key emailed to you. If not, McNeel sales will be able to trace it.