Rhino 5 filleting surfaces problem!

Hi guys, I’m trying to fillet some surfaces, I have been scratching my head, I’m sure it’s very simple to solve, I’m an intermediate level of user in Rhino, so please excuse me if it seems a trivial problem. Ok, I’m trying to fillet a cylinder with a box section coming out at 90 degrees from the cylinder, both are just surfaces, when I try and select the surface edge of the box section Rhino is just highlighting single surfaces of the box section ? What would be the commands to use or the correct way of doing this ??

Hi Miles - is the box trimmed into the cylinder? If not, do that (BooleanTwoObjects, or Trim and Join) then use FilletEdge on the edges where they meet - do them all at once.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal, thanks for the swift reply, yes its all trimmed into the cylinder, the same process as the cylinder above it, and the elliptical tube below it, which I did the fillet surface command successfully ?? When I select ‘fillet surface’ and then try and highlight the box section it selects a single face as if it were an exploded set of surfaces ??

*FilletEdge" ! =)

-Pascal

Here’s a link to the differences between FilletSrf and FilletEdge:
http://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/advancedfilleting

Pascal, John, thank you, just me being basic !!! Problem solved :-)) , many thanks, Miles

Pascal, the ‘fillet surface’ command actually works on the round and elliptical surfaces, thats why I was continuing to just use that for the box section, only the ‘fillet edge’ command works for the box section, today I learned something new ! many thanks :-))

Yep - it works because there are no miters to osrt out as on the box section - you can make FilletSrf work here, but it will take a few steps, trimming multiple fillets (one for each side of the box - FilletSrf works on exactly two input surfaces at a time) etc and in this case it is not worth it.

-Pascal