Real time statistics wish

It would be nice if I can see easily the whole time it takes to run one solution somewhere and also give suggestions on how to make this real-time definition. This will become increasingly important for VR and AR. Also I wish there is a way to make a redistributable package with a definition and user friendly interface that can be launched by inexperienced people much like unity or unreal can do that.

For example I can see this but does that mean one full solve is 7.2ms?

Document: 800
{
  Path:           800.gh
  DocId:         *-9356-4b78-bdb6-7561de1bbccf
  Modified:       False
  Context:        Loaded
  RaiseEvents:    True
  Enabled:        True
  Nested:         False
  Owned:          False
  Current Span:   7.2087ms
  Current State:  PostProcess
  Preview Mode:   Shaded
  Preview Filter: None
  Preview Mesh:   LowQuality
  Schedule:       -1ms
  Subsidiary Tree
  {
  }
  Object Count:   84
  Undo|Redo Server
  {
    Undo Count: 107
    Redo Count: 0
    Undo Names: Add state, Toggle, Slider Value Change, Slider Value Change, Slider Value Change, Slider change, Slider change, Slider Value Change, Drag, Slider Value Change, Toggle, Slider change, Toggle Preview, Delete, Drag, Drag, Toggle, Toggle, Slider Value Change, Slider change, Drag, Drag, Toggle, Toggle, Drag, Slider change, Toggle, Toggle, Slider change, Slider change, Toggle, Toggle, Toggle, Toggle, Drag, Toggle Preview, Toggle Preview, Toggle Preview, Toggle Preview, Toggle Preview, Toggle Preview, Toggle Preview, Toggle Preview, Toggle Preview, Drag, New wire, Toggle Preview, Toggle Preview, New wire, Delete, Delete, Drag, Delete, Drag, Toggle Preview, Drag, Code change, Toggle Preview, Drag, Drag, Drag, Toggle Preview, Drag, Code change, Slider change, Toggle Preview, Drag, Drag, Slider change, Slider change, Slider change, Slider change, Drag, New wire, Drag, Add Number Slider, Drag, New wire, Add List Item, New wire, Drag, Drag, Drag, New wire, Drag, Delete, Drag, Add List Item, Add Tree Item, Toggle Preview, Toggle Preview, Drag, Toggle Preview, Toggle Preview, Drag, Drag, Toggle Preview, Drag, Drag, New wire, Add Point, Drag, Toggle Preview, New wire, Resize Panel, New wire, Add Panel
  }
  Event Server
  {
    Enabled:    True
    Update:     False
  }
}

Something like the Metahopper Bottleneck navigator?

That is just navigating the values that you can display under your components anyway. I mean we should be able to see also the total time of one whole run ad well as conversion to fps (like 90 for no motion sickness in VR) or 24 at least if we want to make this Real Time… At least seeing the total run time in the status bar would give us enough indication and we can calculate the fps by ourselves.

1 Like

This seems like a useful feature to be able to turn on when needed.

The way grasshopper reports now is how long the current run has taken, and to calculate the time it takes to run from the start of the script you have to clear values and recompute.

1 Like

Yes on demand on/off would be great!