Raytrace Display mode issue - only displaying in portion of the viewport

When in Raytrace display mode, I get the raytraced image only in quarter of the window, overlapping over the viewport with black background. This happens for both simple and complex models. The display settings in Options are reset to default. It happens whether I use one viewport or 4 viewports - Raytrace in both case only in a quarter of that specific window. See the screenshot below.

I’m running Rhino on my two Macs, with the set up as per below.

software:

• Rhino 6 running on Windows 10 on Parallels desktop 12 (I have tested and the same happens in parallels 15).

hardware:

• iMac 27": Mojave 10.14.5, 4GHz Intel Core i7, 32GB ram, AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB
  • MacBook Pro 15": Catalina 10.15.2, 2.5 Quad-Core Intel i7, 16GB ram, AMD Radeon R9 M370x 2GB

I would be grateful for any pointers how to solve this.

Thanks,

Agata

Hi
This is why Windows virtualization in general, and Parallels specifically are not supported platforms.
They do not provide the minimum OpenGL graphics standards that Rhino V6 requires.

Sorry

Thank you John, would Rhino for Mac have the same functionalities, in particular in terms of Grasshopper plug-ins or just better to go for Boot Camp?

I’m not a good one to ask about that as I have not used a Bootcamped Mac for years.
I have both Windows and Mac computers.
I also do not use Grasshopper either, but I think the Grasshopper add-ins work in Windows and Mac V6.

Hopefully others here with direct experience can weigh in with their recommendations.

1 Like