I’ve been using GH for a number of years but I’m a beginner to C#. I recently went through the Long Nguyen C# video course on youtube. I was able to take what I learned about RTrees in the last section and apply it to the curve growth script and speed it up. Now I am trying to add some additional functionality to it:
- Add in a curve boundary (usually a rectangle) that the curve would be contained within
- Using multiple curves so that they don’t overlap eachother, themselves, or pass through the boundary.
For now I just would like some help with item 1, but if anyone has some advice about 2 I am all ears.
What I have tried so far is to divide the boundary curve into points, then I’ve added those points to the RTree that I later use to search for collisions. But I am a little stuck on how to actually make the boundary points repel the curve points in the way that the curve points repel eachother. This is my script: DifferentialLineGrowth RTree edition_forForum.gh (11.5 KB)
I want it to stay within the boundary. Any suggestions?
I found on page 6 of this thread in the old forum a comment by Vicente Soler showing his curve growth script staying within a boundary, but couldn’t find if he ever uploaded that anywhere.
Thanks.
EDIT: if anyone has any suggestions for resources that would be good for me to learn more continuing off from the level that the Long Nguyen course leaves me I would appreciate it. Preferably geared towards GH/Rhino.
