Possible to embed Chromium in to Rhino on Mac to interact between WebUI and RhinoCommon?

Hi all, I’m wondering if it is all possible to embed Chromium into Rhino on Mac to interact between WebUI and RhinoCommon? (our main target users are all using Mac, that’s why)

I found some good example on GitHub using CefSharp and Vue to achieve this on Windows (SampleCsCefSharpVue). I was trying to use some alternatives CefGlue and Chromely on Mac to do the same, but with no luck.

Theoretically, I feel like this is something can also be done on Mac but just couldn’t find a way. Much appreciated if anyone can share some thoughts or advise on this. Thanks!

There are a lot of unknowns to this matter. Why I wouldn’t do that is because it requires a lot of overhead to connect these pieces. This leads to bad maintainable code and potential performance hits. There are many reasons why desktop apps are usually not programmed with WebUI frameworks. This is why I would always prefer to get used to Eto instead. If this is not an option, the simplest solution is to create web-api within Rhino and wrap around Rhinocommon. This would allow you to remotely access Rhino from any device. You could use Rest, Grpc, SignalR, GraphQL or any other protocol and just create the frontend client in total independence. Likely I would go for Websocket or Grpc. I think the key is to create the api as generic as possible, maybe using Reflection, so that you don’t need to wrap around the whole Rhinocommon api… There are tricks out there to make Reflection calls almost as fast as direct ones…