Poor performance with Macbook Pro 16

Rhino 6

@milezee My configuration is 2.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 5500M 8 GB, 2 TB SSD. I went nuts with tris in a file last week, and was swapping a lot. So I ordered same config but with 64 GB RAM. lmk if you have any questions.

1 Like

looks like it should be a good machine, so its been running smooth with Rhino ? Any other modelling software or rendering software you use ?
Seriously considering a build similar to yours, except I think I’d only go with the 1TB SSD

Yes, Rhino 6/Grasshopper is running smoothly, as expected. I haven’t hammered on the renderer much. Think if I were serious about rendering, I’d install Maya/V-Ray. I’ll install Processing to mess around with. Likely the Adobe stuff too.

This is my home machine, and I use an HP ZBook 15" at work. I’ll do a few A/B comparisons over the next week. lmk if you have any specific comparisons.

thanks for the info, my current softwares are Rhino, Vectorworks & Twinmotion, so a good balance of CPU & GPU power needed , interested to hear more how you get on with the different modelling and rendering application, :+1:

I am unable to use the PC that I ordered since it contains a material to which I am allergic. I, therefore, believe I will have to relent and purchase the 16” MBP in order to avoid the possibility of the keyboard surface containing latex. Should I be worried that if I install bootcamp and run windows with the AMD graphics card that I will encounter problems while working in Rhino and Grasshopper? Any advice regarding this would be much appreciated. Thank you.