Opening & Running Grasshopper from Shell

Hi everyone,

I’d like to trigger a Grasshopper file within Rhino from the Command Line Interface / Shell. From the official docs, I saw the following hint:

With the syntax:

Rhino.exe /runscript="-command -secondCommand"

Hence, I thought, similar to a previous post (1), that the following command would work:

"C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\System\Rhino.exe" /nosplash /runscript="-grasshopper editor load document open C:\Users\idl_user1\Desktop\MA_Martin\BridgeGeneration_model_v20_test_01_rhino_server.gh save _enter"

Although Rhino is opened, Grasshopper is not. Hence something seems to be broken with the command above. Has the interface for /runscript changed with Rhino 7 and the docs are not updated? @dale Has Grashopper a different syntax? I further tried to run a short python snippet (opening my GH file) with the following command in the shell:

"C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\System\Rhino.exe" /nosplash /notemplate /runscript="-_RunPythonScript C:\Users\idl_user1\Desktop\MA_Martin\rhino-server\rhinoscript_test.py"

Rhino opens a blank file but my python script does not seem to be runned. Also, there are no logs in the white box at the top left, where there is usually some feedback, e.g. when running the “RunPythonScript” command manually.

Any help highly appreciated!

Best,
Martin

1 Like

Same here, got stuck in this process!