Nostalgia (Rhino 2)

I needed a soda can model and found this in my archives from april 2002 … good old Rhino 2 and Flamingo :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Always recycle!
-w

8 Likes

I’d like to see a screenshot of Rhino 1, please. The earliest version I came in contact with was Rhino 5, which we were plagued with in a geometry course at university. :wink:
The rendering looks fresh. Too bad I don’t consume softdrinks any more.

Well, although I started using Rhino in 1999, it seems to be this is one of the oldest files that I saved, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a screenshot of Rhino with it. Unfortunately I cannot help you with an older screenshot. I don’t think that it looked that much different though.

IIRC, the icons in Rhino 1/1.1 were completely in grayscale, no color…
Edit - well, not all in grayscale, just found my Rhino 1.0 Level 1 training manual PDF, looks like this:

5 Likes

Well, back in the day, IIRC Gijs was THE MAN to go to for rendering… :grinning:

4 Likes

Hi Gjis,

very nice. I can add this nostalgic Dürer (or not Dürer?) Rhino:

Cheers

Michael

10 Likes

Wow. :slight_smile:

Neat, thanks. Is that a Game Boy Color?
I love that only two people are credited. I wonder if they did it all by themselves back in the day?

FWIW, Rhino 1.0 runs pretty good on Windows 11…

– Dale

21 Likes

This highlights how much effort MS put into back compatibility while Apple … :new_moon_with_face:

The old demo screenshot looks working on Windows 3.x-ish

2 Likes

Hi diff-arch,

it’s a Game Boy Pocket from 1996, I made this for testing Rhino Beta, and to learn something.

Bye,

Michael

7 Likes

Here is my first Rhino project in V1.1. I was just testing to see if this was a viable replacement to Cadkey. It was. :laughing:

5 Likes

Here’s mine. :slight_smile:

I still play Tetris and Kirby on it from time to time.

1 Like

Rhino history timeline: The History of Rhino [McNeel Wiki]

Really? anything special to do to get it installed? I still have my 1.0 installer files archived, I might try it tomorrow for a lark… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

the good old days…well done!
is that a bump map around the tab?
droplets nice touch

1 Like

It is :slight_smile:

v1.0 + flamingo also

1 Like