NonmanifoldMerge revert?

Hi All,

Is there a way to “unmerge” the Polysurfaces joined by NonmanifoldMerge without exploding them into individual pieces? Kind of like SplitDisjointMesh but for Breps ?
I have a heavy model that has been merged like that and ideally would just get separate pieces, but not every single individual surfaces… Hope its possible.

thanks,

–jarek

Hi Jarek - CreateRegions may be it - not sure how your objects are arranged - this will only separate closed volumes.
-Pascal

hi Pascal,

Thanks, didn’t know that one - unfortunately it deletes any non-closed volumes, and what I am dealing with is a mix of surfaces and solids : /

First time I see such complex model merged like that, must have been imported from some other software, but exploding it will be a pain…

–jarek

Yep, that is the problem. It can probably be tuned up but not today… but again, depending on the arrangement, preselect, Explode, Join may do it too.

-Pascal

Yes, that should do it - in theory - except this will result in millions of individual surfaces. I may as well go for a weekend trip before it joins back :wink: Thanks, exploding it now…

If this could be tuned up / added feature for future, it could come handy.

–jarek

@chuck - it seems like maybe CreateRegions could be made to optionally leave the fins in place, maybe?

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-54016

-Pascal

1 Like

Yes, that should be possible but maybe not easy.