Just launched: A brand-new course, Master Advanced Energy Analysis With Honeybee by ThinkParametric.
This comprehensive course, led by Brandon A. Gibbs, provides in-demand skills and essential industry know-how, enabling its students to excel in the world of sustainable design using the Honeybee plugin for the Ladybug Tools Suite in Grasshopper, a robust set of tools for energy analysis and environmental design. The Master Advanced Energy Analysis With Honeybee course is an extensive curriculum that takes students on a deep dive into Honeybee’s energy modeling and weather analysis elements.
In the class, you will also use the free open-source environmental platforms OpenStudio/Energy Plus and Radiance, which give the latest analysis to comply with LEED and other green building guidelines. In addition, the course covers a range of sustainable topics, including solar radiation, daylighting, and energy modeling.
In this course:
- Gain a solid understanding of energy modeling and site analysis with the Honeybee toolsets and integrations with other Ladybug Tools suite functions.
- Master energy analysis and sustainable design techniques to inform architectural modeling in Grasshopper.
- Learn to interpret and apply energy simulation results simultaneously with design models to inform design decisions and determinations.
- Explore best practices for optimizing building performance and reducing energy consumption based on climate, building structure, construction methods, and design considerations.
- Acquire essential sustainable design skills that are highly sought-after in the architecture, engineering, and construction industries. Brandon A. Gibbs is a licensed architect skilled in parametric and sustainable design, with a passion for environmental design and a commitment to share his expertise. He brings a wealth of knowledge and practical insights to the course with his years of experience in academia and professional practice, including with the Architectural Association Design Research Lab and the Zaha Hadid Architects Studio.
Enroll now for Master Advanced Energy Analysis With Honeybee is now open and available with the full ThinkParametric membership. Don’t miss this opportunity to master the essential skills required for a thriving career in sustainable design.