Multiplication Tables

After watching a Mathologer video I did a quick GH animation.

The definition is:

times_viz.gh (5.6 KB)

A rerender of the animation:

18 Likes

Beautiful : Thanks for sharing

Reminds me of the patterns that we could draw as kids with those SPIROGRAPH toys. Those were a lot of fun and probably had a lot to do with my CAD skills to this day.

1 Like

Doing nothing else the whole day at university :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi
Beautiful and very impressive.
is there another way without scripting? And how color the diagram like this

Thank you

Here a version with plain GH components

times_viz.gh (10.4 KB)

I don’t know yet how to color the curves in their preview.

2 Likes

Solution for gradient colors @nathanletwory @Fazloullah

2 Likes

From what plug-in is Advanced Custom Preview?

Fab tools plugin Fab tools plugin @nathanletwory

1 Like

I made this short video out of it

2 Likes

Nice, I’m crunching a new animation with a 1000 threads (and 10000 frames) using the GhGL component by @stevebaer. Or rather, with some code that he wrote to make nice colors for this :slight_smile:

update1: here a quick screen grab:

Cool, some of mine

6 Likes

Very nice!

very very nice and even more impressive
thank you so much nathanletwory Ajarindia Laurent Delrieu

Very nice @laurent_delrieu

1 Like
1 Like

Some my work’s done using #SPIROrat plugin
For more check BVR
2 Likes

A rerender of the animation: 10000 frames at 60fps, 1920x1080. Circle divided into 1000 points. Coloring with GhGL component and code from @stevebaer

The frames take in total around 14,5GB of disk space. The final MP4 is 1,78GB.

edit: I noticed that this is even nicer to look at when setting to full screen, then step back several meters. Further into the animation it is easier to see some of the patterns that emerge - circular patterns that seem to rotate counter to the next circular pattern (keeping the video as small as in the post will work too, but is obviously… smaller).

8 Likes

And one more with the original 200 segments on the circle, and a 5 second ‘intro’ and a 5 second ‘outtro’. Otherwise the same as the one with 1000 segments. Same resolution, same frame rate of playback.

Because there are fewer lines drawn the resulting frames are smaller as well. the frames as PNGs take 4GB, the resulting MP4 is 850MB.

1 Like

Some of mine

3 Likes